Yoga for kids
- What: Yoga for Kids (age group: 5+ years), 8-week Session
- When: Every Sunday 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Location: 4000 Bear Cat Way, suite 102, Morrisville, NC 27560
- Instructor: Jagriti Vanam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fee: $80
- To register: fill out the registration form
Benefits of yoga for kids
By practicing yoga, kids can enjoy these benefits (and many more...):
- Increased flexibility, strength, balance, coordination, and body awareness
- Improve concentration, sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Improve self-esteem, self-confidence
- Connect with nature through various asanas that are named after natural beings - animals, birds, trees etc
- Kids have fun practicing yoga in a non-competitive environment.
- Breathing practices help with improved nervous health, mental clarity and balance
- Meditation and relaxation teaches them how to combat stress and stay calm in difficult situations
If you would like to participate or get more information, please contact me.
Jagriti received her RYT-200 yoga certification after attending an intense and comprehensive teacher training program at the Yoga Garden in Apex, NC. The program was conducted by Dharma Richards who is the founder of Yoga Gardens. In the near future, Jagriti plans to work toward achieving her certification in restorative yoga. In addition to the RYT certification, Jagriti also attended other teacher trainings on the weekends, specializing solely in yoga for children and teens.
Every summer since 2011, Jagriti has attended yogic discourses from Swami Anubhavandan at Hindu Society Temple of North Carolina. She also volunteered at the local temple for various service opportunities.
During the time-constrained teacher training program, she managed to become trained in the arts of Reiki as well. Later on, she became a Reiki first degree and second degree instructor. From time-to-time, Jagriti leads Reiki sessions at Yoga Gardens.
She was first introduced to yoga when she was in middle school. Every morning, her grandfather made practicing yoga seem like a fun ritual. She loved that idea and soon stuck onto her newly discovered passion.
Most recently, she has visited local elementary schools and taught yoga classes to not only bring awareness about yoga but also get children more active. Jagriti also teaches yoga to the children in her neighborhood during summertime emphasizing the importance of yoga and how it can help keep the body fit and strong and make the mind sharp and calm. She is very passionate about yoga and wants to reach out to the younger generation and promote yoga as a way of life to nurture their mind and intellect.
Having a great passion for helping kids, Jagriti at the age of 14 started volunteering at a daycare center and introduced the topic of yoga to preschoolers. From her early middle school days, Jagriti has always tried to spend time with children in an effort to understand their perspective of the world through their eyes.
Jagriti is an honor student at Panther Creek High School and plans to teach yoga on university campus next year. She wants to major in Business Management. Jagriti is a vibrant young spirit with a seasoned foundation and background in the Science of Yoga.
You can contact Jagriti at email@example.com